The Better Futures for Idaho Youth AmeriCorps project involves multiple organizations in several communities across the state of Idaho. As a collaborative effort of several United Ways and other agencies, the project encompasses roles alleviating poverty through literacy programs, community awareness, and resources for nonprofits. United Way of North Idaho's mission is to improve lives in our community. This is done with a focus on mobilizing resources to advance education, financial stability, and health of individuals in need.
Currently there are several sites recruiting for positions. Click on links to view full listings! Create a profile on my.americorps.gov then submit an application to the position(s) of your choice.
AmeriCorps VISTA project sites:
- United Way of North Idaho - VISTA Leader. Fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every North Idaho community.
- United Way of North Idaho - Resource Development VISTA. Develop a sustainable fundraising plan to increase support for early childhood education and the low-income population in the five northern counties.
- Coeur d'Alene School District - School District 271 Capacity Builder VISTA. Reach out to the at-risk students and families within the CDA School District through a network of individuals, organizations, and partnerships.
- Gizmo - Gizmo STEM Outreach VISTA. Ensure that under-served children and their parents receive exposure to and support of project-driven STEM education to alleviate poverty.
- Human Rights Education Institute - HREI Higher Education Opportunities VISTA. Raise awareness and break barriers to educational opportunities for undeserved groups especially lower income and young women, ages 16-25, struggling with career choices.
- Children's Village - Family Services VISTA. Assist with the development of therapeutic programming for children birth-18 at the Children's Village residential home.
- Family Promise of the Palouse - Recruitment and Education VISTA. Help end homelessness on the Palouse.
- Family Promise of North Idaho - Recruitment and Education VISTA. Help end homelessness in North Idaho.
- North Idaho College - Community Outreach Development VISTA. Develop a program to connect students to volunteer opportunities in the local community.
- United Way of Southeastern Idaho (Pocatello) - Education Resource VISTA. Develop a blueprint for increasing college enrollment as part of the cradle-to-career initiative.